What is Dry January?
Dry January is the annual movement through which millions of people give up alcohol for the month of January.
- Enables you to take control of your relationship with alcohol.
- Drives a conversation about alcohol: why do we drink it, what does it do, and how can we reduce the harm it can cause?
Why do Dry January?
Taking part in the campaign is a chance to ditch the hangover, reduce the waistline, and save some serious money by giving up alcohol for 31 days. There are loads of reasons for taking part in Dry January, Here are just a few:
- Reset your relationship with alcohol – realise you don’t need it
- New year, new you – do Dry January and feel healthier and happier as: you sleep better, your skin improves, you lose weight
- More money in your pocket (the average person spends £50,000 on alcohol in their lifetime)
- Get healthier – through giving up alcohol for a month you do your insides a lot of good.
- Amazing sense of achievement!
New App to Help your Progress in Dry January
Alcohol Concern who co-ordinate the campaign have lots of helpful resources available on their website to help you through Dry January. Once you’ve signed up you:
- Get access to their free app, which helps you keep track of your month with features like a calorie calculator, unit tracker and tool to show how much you’ve saved.
- Receive regular support emails with tips, tricks and information from experts in alcohol to make your month easier and more fun.
- Have help on hand: if you’re struggling, they can support you.