Date(s) - 15/01/2019
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
The Alcohol Brief Intervention training is delivered by NECA Training Ltd, who is recognised throughout the region as specialists in substance misuse sector. Simple brief interventions as short as 5 minutes have been shown to be effective in reducing alcohol consumption by hazardous and harmful drinkers.
Aim of the course
To raise awareness of alcohol and brief interventions which would help individuals in the community and to raise awareness and educate participants around the new substances which have become so prevalent in our communities.
Course Learning Outcomes
The course learning outcomes will give participants a:
- Background to the Health Champions Programme and All Together Sunderland holistic approach
- Awareness of alcohol, units and healthy levels of consumption
- Understanding of the physical, psychological and social impact of alcohol use
- Sense of what motivates people to drink sensibly and how this can improve lifestyle
- Understanding of the cycle of change and apply the interventions which can be used in accordance with this
- Guide to local services and referral and signposting pathways for alcohol
Alcohol Brief Intervention training is FREE to people living, working or volunteering in Sunderland, who has direct contact with the public. The training is a half day.
Bookings are closed for this event.