Sunderland Health Champions
The Health Champion programme aims to develop community leadership skills with a range of FREE courses; so that passionate individuals can make a difference to health in their work, community and social networks.
Who can become a Health Champion?
We are looking for people who work or volunteer in Sunderland, who are concerned about current health issues and are interested in promoting healthy lifestyles.
Why is it a good idea to become a Health Champion?
The benefits of completing the five training courses are that you can get involved in your community and gain new skills through access to training opportunities. You may improve your own health as well as the health of your friends and families.
How do I become a Health Champion?
The FREE training courses should be viewed like a jigsaw. You can do them in any order, at your own pace, and you can do just one or two courses.
The five training courses are:
1) Alcohol Brief Intervention – Click here to download more information
2) Tobacco Brief Intervention
3) Understanding Health Improvement – Click here to download more information
4) Healthy Money Healthy You – Click here to download more information
5) Promoting Emotional Resilience – Click here to download more information
Amazing stories from amazing people:
Click on the names below to find out about the experiences of some of our Health Champions
For more information on how to become a Health Champion contact Live Life Well Sunderland on 0191 5653482 or email us on cdda-tr.HealthChampions@nhs.net